I didn’t come close but I learned a lot about what it takes to read 1-2 books a week. It’s not easy and it takes total dedication. Even more when you expect to extract lessons from those books and when you want to translate knowledge into action.
Ryan Holiday talks about reading all the time. The key: embrace the process.
If you aim to read a book a week, then you must love reading. You must love the feeling that learning something new gives you. It’s very subtle, but every avid reader knows the feeling very much.
Check out The Outwork Book Club for everything in 2017.
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
GAIN DISCIPLINE, BUILD CHARACTER
MINDSET: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SUCCESS
- The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup by Neil Strauss (post)
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- The Little Book of Talent by Daniel Coyle (post)
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz (post)
- The 10 “Deadly” Mistakes Athletes make with their Pregame Mental Preparation by Patrick Cohn
BUSINESS: TAKE CONTROL OF YOURSELF
- Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook by Abby Lawson
- Marketing by Brian Tracy
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco (post)
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
- New World Ronin by Victor Pride
MOTIVATION: WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt by Aida Donald
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown
- Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet by Jesse Itzler
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Becoming The Iceman by Wim Hof
- Patton’s Drive by Alan Axelrod
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford
LEADERSHIP: THE ART OF INFLUENCE
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy (post)
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek (post)
- The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene
- Win Forever by Pete Carroll (post)
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ submit=”SUBSCRIBE”]